We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is mentioned so often that the perception of the greatness of his person has now been somewhat lost Albert Einstein was and is a true genius, a person who has upset many conceptions that for centuries had dominated and still today many of his discoveries are the basis of other discoveries or technologies that make our life much simpler and easier. The time has come to tell a little about him, not only about his calculations but also about his thoughts.
Albert Einstein: career
Einstein and all of his research have also been recognized with a Nobel Prize in Physics, arrived in 1921 with a very important study carried out in 1905, entitled "Electrodynamics of moving bodies ". To be clear, it is that study in which Einstein explains his from top to bottom for the first time special theory of relativity starting from Isaac Newton's reflections on classical mechanics and observations on the interaction between radiation and matter. Between the study and the award, there were many other publications including in 1916 the memoir: "The foundations of the theory of general Relativity". Einstein himself described it as his greatest scientific contribution.
Albert Einstein: thinking
The date of the Nobel, 1921, should make us sound an alarm bell because we are in the years following the WWI, war in which Einstein had the courage to publicly criticize Germany's involvement in the war and was one of the few. This cost him a lot of criticism which also attacked his scientific theories. Come to power Hitler, Einstein is forced to emigrate to the United States in New Jersey and goes to teach atInstitute for Advanced Study of Princeton but he does not give up his say and in 1939 he wrote a famous letter addressed to President Roosevelt together with many other physicists, in which the possibility of making an atomic bomb is underlined.
The letter marks the beginning of the plans for the construction of thenuclear weapon. Do not misunderstand: he was definitely against the war and committed himself against racist persecutions complete with a pacifist declaration against nuclear weapons. Also in the United States Einstein dies at 76 in 1955 putting at his disposal the own body of Thomas Stoltz Harvey, a pathologist who took the brain to study it together with other colleagues.
Albert Einstein: inheritance
What does Einstein leave us as a legacy? Many formulas a bit cryptic for those who do not chew the subject at university level, but not only this. The genius we are talking about has revolutionized the world of physics by changing the way we interpret it. Before him alone Newton it had left so much of its mark.
Albert Einstein: famous phrases
To better understand the thought of one of the most famous and recognized physicists in the world, here are some famous phrases he left us. You will notice that he was a guy who took a stand without stammering too much.
- "Man has discovered the atomic bomb, but no mouse in the world would build a mouse trap."
- "I don't know with what weapons the Third World War will be fought, but the Fourth will: with sticks and stones."
- "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil things but because of those who watch without doing anything."
- "The problem today is not nuclear energy, but the heart of man."
- "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I still have doubts about the universe."
- "If a messy desk is a sign of a messy mind, what, then, is an empty desk a sign?"
- "Try to become not a successful man but rather a man of value."
- "Time is relative, its only value is given by what we do while it is passing."
- "The value of a person lies in what he is capable of giving and not in what he is capable of taking."
- "Memory is the intelligence of idiots."
- “Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Humans are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. The combination of the two constitutes an incalculable force. "
- "Keep planting your seeds, because you will never know which ones will grow - maybe everyone will."
- "If you want a happy life you have to dedicate it to a goal, not to people or things."
- "The world is a beautiful place and it is worth fighting for."
- “Creativity is contagious. Pass it on. "
- "Teaching must be such that what is offered is perceived as a precious gift, and not as an imposed duty."
- "Anything that has value in human society depends on the opportunities for progress that are accorded to each individual."
- "Maturity begins to manifest itself when we feel that our concern for others is greater than for ourselves."
Albert Einstein: books
Still not enough? I understand, this genius it's really magnetic. Here are some books to get even closer to his figure, two of thought and one in comics that tenderly tells of his life.
- Albert Einstein. The builder of universes
- Thoughts of a curious man
- Einstein. A comic biography